Photobucket

Monday, February 17, 2014

Sacrifices

I have made a large number of sacrifices in my life.  None have seemed to a take as large a toll on my spirit as working full time out of the home has.  It was a difficult decision to come to.  It is still difficult to leave home every morning and not be able to walk my kids to school.  I don't think it will ever not be difficult to leave.  I just have to remind myself that the sacrifices that have to be made are for blessings in the future.

I have had yet another schedule change at work that now cuts my lunch hour to a half hour.  I was already working an hour of overtime due to our therapists different schedules and now we are adding another half hour to my already long day.  The extra money really is nice when it comes to working out our debt situation, but it is difficult to spend even more time away from my family.

The one miracle that keeps me going, is knowing that anything my kids want to do, we have the means to allow that to happen.  I have the greatest husband in the world, who has taken on even more responsibility around the house to take some of the load off of me.  That is on top of his already difficult job.  The two of us really know how to work as a team.  What time we get together as a couple and as a family is time well spent and memories that will last a life time.  And that makes the sacrifices seem small in the grand scheme of things.

No comments: