Photobucket

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Patience...a virtue I really need to perfect

I have, for years now, wanted to be the mom that gets to stay at home and raise her kids, help in their classrooms, and be there in the event of an emergency.  I, of course, am not that mom.  This past week has been really difficult for me.  I have been an grumpy gus.  And that is the nicest way I could put it.  I have not been very happy at work since I had to return to work full time (going on 8 months).  It is a daily struggle for me to put that smile on my face and greet patients as they walk in the door, because I would much rather be at home cleaning my house, preparing dinner and getting the kids from school.  For over a year now, we have been doing our best to get me out of the working environment and into the home environment.  It obviously hasn't gone as planned, and what little patience I have had,
has gone out the door.  I am tired of waiting.  I want something to give.  I want to be happy doing something other than what I am doing now.

For now I need to be patient (easier said than done sometimes).  But, maybe that is the lesson I am to learn along with the rest of the family.

Maybe tomorrow will bring news of a change.

No comments: