Photobucket

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Cookie Sunday

I had started this tradition with the kids a while back and am usually good about doing it about once a month. I am hoping to make this more of an every Sunday thing. I am hoping to get my kids into it, so they can eventually make the cookies themselves and maybe make a meal here and there when they are old enough. Maybe give myself a break here and there. Can you sense my well laid plans on how this is going to work in the future. Hahaha, I know, you should have done the same thing right. Well, now you can.
These are chocolate chip cookies with a twist. Not the regular old Toll House cookie recipe that everybody uses. Why, you ask, because the Toll House Cookie recipe never works out for me. They meld into one ooey gooey mess for me, so I found a new recipe. Haha, chocolate chip cookies will not be my downfall. I have conquered. Here is the recipe if you would like to use it.

Pudding Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-0 Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

1 tsp baking soda

2 -1/4 cups flour

1 pkg. (12 oz) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks (I used Chocolate Chips and they worked out great)

Heat oven to 375.

Beat butter, sugars, dry pudding mix, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and baking soda: mix well. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in Chocolate. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, on to baking sheets. Bake 8-10 min or until golden brown. Cool 3 min on baking sheets. Remouve to wire racks. Cool Completely.

Enjoy. We are.

No comments: